Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

Ain't it the truth. Since I started this job, I've had something big planned for every weekend, and it's getting harder and harder to work five days between each event. It's nice to have something to look forward to, but what I would give for a lazy Saturday morning...

Last Saturday was definitely not a particularly lazy one, though. Kelli and Chuck got married last weekend, and it was the best wedding I've ever been to. If I ever get married, I think my own wedding will have a hard time topping this one. Maybe it was partly due to the fact that Kelli and Chuck are two of the absolute nicest and most deserving people I've ever met... maybe it was because I was the maid of honor... maybe it was because bridal party drinks/shots were free... but I honestly can't remember the last time I had so much fun.

I'm definitely paying for it, though... I seriously think I'm still hungover. It's Tuesday, I know... doesn't matter. I feel like shit. I might just be getting sick or it could be my allergies acting up... but it's a lot more fun and rebellious to say that it's a "killer" hangover, as Chris would say.

In other news, I'm moving in two days! Boxing things up from my old room at my parents' house has been sad... but also amusing. I've found several things I completely forgot I owned... tons of old pictures... a forgotten "diary" from junior high when they were all the rage... a great tshirt that I presumed lost to the washing machine demons... and a bunch of drawings from way back when I was actually good at art. It's been fun.

Well... I wanted to write more about the wedding... but my head doesn't seem to be working right today. Maybe tomorrow, or the next day...

1 comment:

Frema said...

As you move in, you may find a lot of Frema crap--garbage cans, 2-lb weights, and the like. Feel free to throw that crap away.