Tuesday, April 01, 2008

hey, real quick -

For some reason, I feel compelled to share an embarrassing personal fact with all of you right now, at 9:00 on a random Tuesday night.

Whenever I have to do something I don't want to do, I make a new iTunes playlist and pretend that I'm in a movie, completing all these unfortunate tasks to an inspirational music montage.

I've been avoiding looking at a sink full of dirty dishes since I got home over three hours ago. I didn't even make dinner for fear of dirtying another plate or - gasp! - catching a glimpse of the overflowing sink while perched over the stove. So now, with my tummy grumbling about the wimpy handful of carrots and almonds I ate while watching the end of 90210, here I am on iTunes, dragging Wilco's "Walken" into a new playlist entitled "Dirty Dishes Done Dirt Cheap."

Sometimes I guess you just gotta do what it takes to get it done... and not worry that you might possibly perhaps somehow be on the Truman Show.

5 comments:

KC said...

You have given me procrastination ideas!

Anonymous said...

this is why you and I are friends.

becky said...

KC - My pleasure!

Phil - My "this is why we're friends" moment for you has to do with Savage Garden.

Aunt Becky said...

Hehehe.

You're killing me here.

Scott Booker said...

LOL!! That is great!

And glad to find someone else who loves WILCO!!