Thursday, January 24, 2008

my friends call me "the merc."

I was listening to the news over the dull roar of my hair dryer this morning, and I only caught the tail end of the report: "...the fire on the fifth floor of the Chicago Board of Trade."

I was just at the Chicago Board of Trade last night... and our event took place on the 5th floor.

My internet at home was out this morning (stupid cable), so I rushed into the office to visit the Tribune's website. Thank goodness the fire was in an area restricted to us last night.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-ap-il-boardoftrade-fire,0,5623802.story

That place, by the way, is incredible. Trading had ended by the time we got there, but our reception area was overlooking the pit, and it truly was awesome. I would love to go back sometime while the market is open - I even learned the hand signals for bid and offer and that certain traders get to wear hilarious jackets to set them apart from the others. I think I'm ready to invest, no?

No comments: