Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Home Alone


This is exactly what I felt like last night.

It's been so easy to busy myself in the task of moving... but at the close of the long weekend, after everything had been moved in, there was nothing else to do but sit on my brand-new, wine-colored, absolutely gorgeous couch and let it all sink in.

My very own apartment... with my very own rent, utilities, and cable bills. My favorite part of it all, you ask? The garbage disposal. Definitely. I've always thought it would be cool to have one of those. My least favorite part? Well, there are a few of those... no central air conditioning, small bathroom with no light in the shower area, no counter space, and a staircase that constantly smells like stale food. None of the negatives outweigh the positives, though... and I already love my little space.

Another plus that doesn't really have anything to do with my new home? I just figured out how to post pictures! I know, I know... I'm behind on the times... I'm just glad that I hadn't yet learned how to do it way back in May when I had the horrible Mullet haircut.

I have a lot of work to catch up on since I was "out of the office" on Thursday and Friday (I'm not even going to get into the use of the quotation marks... that's another story), but I wanted to drop a note about the new place (mostly to appease Frema, who stopped by my office for a visit this afternoon, only to find that I had forgotten about our meeting and decided to take a late lunch, instead... sorry again, Frema!).

Smell ya later!

2 comments:

Frema said...

I feel your pain. When I moved into the house on Susan Street with David, I couldn't sleep in my bedroom if Luke wasn't with me--even though David was in his room just across the hall from me. I brought my pillow and blanket to the couch and fell asleep with the TV on.

Luke said...

The garbage disposal...that's the most haunted part of the entire apartment! Just don't go sticking your hand down there.