Friday, March 25, 2005

"Be gentle to all and stern with yourself."

In total contradiction with my last post, I'm feeling a little lonely today.

I'm all alone in the apartment and will be until I leave for home Saturday evening, but I'm alone every day when my roommates are student teaching. There's something different, significant, about knowing for certain that the door won't open.

Having an entire apartment to oneself might normally allow one to get much work accomplished... that one is not me, however. Being alone just makes everything quiet, and when things are quiet, I think. Thinking is bad.

Thinking:depression::eating sardines:vomiting.

I don't really have much to say. I'm feeling sorry for myself right now... not the most ideal time to write a public blog entry. But as I have such a hard time falling asleep when no one else is here, what else am I going to do.

"Human beings want and deserve a soul mate, someone to grow old with... someone to help carry the shopping bags."

3 comments:

Frema said...

You can do laundry with me if you want to. Seriously. I'm doing it at 1:00 p.m. Send me an e-mail if you're interested.

becky said...

LOL

Thanks, Frema... I really appreciate the offer. Too bad Amber's off on Spring Break and I have to sit in the gallery for her all afternoon.

Laundry with you sounds like a great time, though. :) Hope you have a great afternoon!

Anonymous said...

In case you are still feeling down, you can celebrate SJP's birthday. She turned 40 today, you know.