Tuesday, July 29, 2008

is it bad that this almost made me cry a little?

(portion of an interview with Ryan Dempster from Mark DeRosa's MLBlog)


DEROSA: I'm going to set a scene for you: Kerry Wood on the mound, Game 7 of the World Series in Wrigley Field. Ground ball to second, DeRosa throws it to D-Lee, game over, Cubs are World Series champs. What happens?

DEMPSTER: Pandemonium. I'd say the top of the Budweiser building blows off. People storm the field. Huge chunks of ivy are ripped off the walls. Police cars are turned over on Addison, on Waveland, on Sheffield, and you can't walk within a 45-block radius of Wrigley Field because people will be drinking there for seven to 10 days. What a great feeling.


Bring it on, October!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm soooooooooooooooo glad that all of my friends are homocubs fans.

excuse me, i'm going to go vomit in my fucking shoes now.

Tim said...

2008 -- The year next year became this year