Friday, April 27, 2007

Never-ending

I've been tossing around an idea in my head for a post having to do with how easy it is to get caught up in the lives of people we don't know and probably never will meet, such as reality television characters, celebrities, movie stars, and - especially (for me, anyway) - bloggers.

Before I could get around to writing anything, though, I checked in on my favorite blog - "Somewhere on the Masthead," a sacred ritual I perform at least 12 times per day. My heart skipped a beat and my breath caught in my chest when I read Magazine Man's latest post... explaining the death of both his parents.

They were on their way to MM's house to meet their new baby granddaughter, and there was a pile up on the highway... they were killed on impact. MM's readers have been no stranger to his hilarious stories about his parents... I feel like I knew them myself. MM has an uncanny way of making anyone who happens upon his pages feel like they're part of the family... and I've been reading regularly for almost three years now, so I've been pretty much in like Flynn. In such a tragedy, it's nearly impossible not to imagine yourself and your loved ones in such a horrible position. As soon as my voice steadies and my eyes dry, I'll be calling my own parents.

Please keep MM and his family in your prayers... he has two young children who adored their grandparents and one newborn who would have followed suit if she was given the chance.

My heart, my thoughts, and my prayers are with you.

No comments: