Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"One of these days, you're going to have to call one of these motherfuckers up and let them have it,"

said a friend of mine today in response to a little problem I was having.

Before I responded to the person giving me said problem, I relayed the story to a few friends to gauge their reactions. After hearing everyone's various advice, I decided to handle the situation in my own way.... a very un-Becky method of problem solving.

After hitting "send" on the e-mail I wrote explaining my actions in an uncharacteristic, non-pushover way, I was swept with a sense of accomplishment. A year ago - even several months ago - a confrontation like the one I had today (albeit via e-mail) would have left me in tears and upset for several days. But today, evidently a different woman than yesterday or last week, I concentrated and solved the problem myself. It was a good feeling - a grown-up feeling.

May 2, 2006 -- Proved that you can handle an awkward situation without allowing your emotions to come into play.

No comments: