Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Very Own Blog Feature!

A very close friend of mine is a very fantastic writer. Although she is amazing in her chosen career field, I happen to think that she needs to do more with her writing talent. After she began reading my blog faithfully, I suggested she start her own... an idea she did not find agreeable. Because she loves me, though, she started emailing me her creative pieces, thinking that as long as I got to read something, I'd be appeased. And I was. But not totally.

Being my incredibly stubborn self, I didn't let the blog issue die. I constantly bugged her about writing more and for an audience, and I think my pro-blog attitude finally started to get on her nerves. Never one to let an issue die, though, I recently stumbled across a great way to kill two birds with one stone:

1) If she refuses to start her own blog, I will post her writing on mine. I have a folder in my apartment (with a few of my favorites stored in a drawer in my office) with everything she's sent me... I'll just type it all out and post. Mwu-ha-ha-ha.

2) I have always wanted to have a standing feature for my blog, like Amalah or Luke, but I could never come up with something I felt I could faithfully keep up with. Maybe I can persuade her to write something regularly for me to post... she can be my little anonymous-blogger monkey.

And thus was given unto us a new addition to The Brightest, Quiet Span of Sky: Blogging for the Blogless, brought to you by your friendly Girl Friday. Be sure to check us out on the first Wednesday of every month, beginning today.

Woah. Sorry. Went a little overboard with the bolding there. Nonetheless, a reminder has been written in my planner in pen (last time, I promise!) in every fourth Wednesday column from January 2006 through December 2006.

I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

1 comment:

Melanie Allen said...

I'm very excited to read your new blog feature each month : )